The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation confirmed that the law regulating the federal labor relations of the UAE prohibits the employment of juveniles of both sexes
The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation confirmed that the law regulating the federal labor relations of the UAE prohibits the employment of juveniles of both sexes, before the completion of fifteen years of age, stressing that it does not grant work permits to any Emirati juvenile, or a resident expatriate under the age of fifteen.
The ministry stated, in an indicative publication that it broadcast on its official platforms on social media, that the law allows juveniles between the ages of 15 and 18 to work under official work permits issued by the ministry, provided that the employer who wants to employ the juvenile has 6 conditions, including:
• Written consent of the juvenile's guardian, or whoever has guardianship or guardianship over him
• Certificate of health fitness for the required work issued by the relevant medical authorities
• According to the law, juveniles may not be employed at night (from 7 pm to 7 am)
• It is not permissible to employ a juvenile in industrial projects, or in work that is dangerous or harmful to health.
• The maximum actual working hours for juveniles shall be six hours per day, and the working hours shall include one or more periods of rest.
• Juveniles may not be assigned additional working hours or kept in the workplace beyond the scheduled appointments, nor may they be employed on rest days.