His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, issued Law No. (4) of 2021
His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, issued Law No. (4) of 2021 AD regarding the organization of the Sharjah Education Academy.
The law stipulates that the name of the Academy be approved in English as follows: "Sharjah Education Academy", known as "SEA", with the Academy's main headquarters in the city of Sharjah, and based on the approval of the Academy's Board of Trustees, it may establish branches in the rest of the cities and regions of the emirate.
The law also stipulates that the Academy, in order to achieve its objectives, may exercise the following specializations:
1. Drawing up general policies and strategic plans related to the work of the Academy and necessary for offering educational and training programs in it, and based on the requirements of the labor market in the field of education.
2. Presenting and offering academic and professional curricula and programs for educational cadres and educational leaders.
3. Granting accredited certificates with academic, academic and professional degrees to those who deserve them in accordance with the rules and regulations approved by the Academy.
4. Designing and developing educational and training programs that are consistent with the goals of the Academy and presenting them in accordance with the educational style system adopted by the Academy.
5. Approval of the appointment of the director, deputy directors and heads of the Academy's branches, promotion of faculty members, and regulation of their financial and administrative affairs.
6. Adopt the organizational structure and determine the salary scale for all employees of the Academy.
7. Approving the financial and administrative regulations of the Academy.
8. Approval of the annual budget and the final account of the Academy, which is audited by an external auditor, and submits them to the President for approval or taking what he deems appropriate in their regard.
9. Determining the financial rules and accounting systems of the Academy and all its financial activities in accordance with internationally recognized accounting principles and standards.
10. Approval of the fees that the Academy collects from students in various disciplines.
11. Forming permanent or temporary committees from among its members and defining their tasks, terms of reference and work system.
12. Evaluate the Academy's performance from all academic, administrative, financial and infrastructure aspects, and take the necessary action in this regard.
13. Approval of contracts, agreements and partnerships concluded by the Academy.
14. Laying down the rules and regulations necessary for investing, managing and disposing of the Academy's funds, and supervising its accounts.
15. Reviewing and approving the annual report on the Academy's activities and achievements, as well as the annual report of the internal financial auditor.
16. Any other tasks assigned to him by the President.
Read also :